Symptoms of Prostatitis
Patients with prostatitis often have an enlarged prostate, followed by changes in urination; Most patients also suffer from cystitis or urethritis, which can play the role of the etiology. Drops of white milky discharge come out from penis after urination or a bowel movement. Pains are also very prominent, and occur in multiple sites. If the prostatitis is acute and bacterial, the patients have a fever and chills, which usually overlap. If the course is very long, prostatitis can affect a man's daily life, sex life, and mental condition.
Changes in urination
If you get a prostate infection, you will experience the prostatitis symptoms: frequent urination and urgent urination. They are very common symptoms in urinary tract infection (UTI). UTIs are infectious inflammation of the urinary tract, including pyelonephritis (infection of the kidney and its pelvis), cystitis (bladder infection) and urethritis. Because of the upper urethra passing through the prostate, when prostate is inflamed, the urethra can also be involved and hence symptoms occur.
You also usually have a painful urination. The pain occurs during/ after urination, around the prostate area, urethra, and radiating to the distal end of the penis. This pain may also make you interrupt your urinary stream.
Burning urination is a burning sensation in your urethra and often caused by an inflammation, especially the bacterial infection. As we all know, inflammation is characterized by redness, swelling, heat and pain. Therefore, you experience the burning sensation.
Prostatitis symptoms: pain
In addition to painful urination, you also have a pain in perineal area between the scrotum and anus. Perineum pain means the pain accompanied by "heavy" and "bulging" feeling. That is linked to prostatitis (prostate infection) and cystitis (bladder infetion), as well as caused by vulvitis (vulva infection) and vaginitis (vaginal infection) in women.
In this case, patients may also suffer from cystitis and thus have dull pain or discomfort in lower abdomen. The cystitis may be caused by prostatitis in an ascending infection; On the contrary, cystitis can also cause a prostatitis. Sometimes, pain may also be felt in your lumbosacral region (lower part of the backbone or spine), suprapubic area (above pubic arch), groin area, or the penis head.
Acute bacterial prostatitis symptoms
Acute prostatitis occurs suddenly and therefore, the symptoms also come rapidly. In this case, prostatitis symptoms are typically manifested as a burning sensation when urinating, frequent urination with attenuated urine and pain in the bladder region and the perineal area. Difficulty urinating and acute urinary retention are also present in some cases if there is an enlarged prostate. Prostatitis is present, often together with cystitis. In addition, there is fever and chills.
Chronic prostatitis symptoms
In chronic bacterial prostate infection, the prostatitis symptoms may be inlcuding:
- Urinary frequency, urinary urgency, painful urination, burning sensation are common symptoms of prostatitis;
- Cloudy urine, it's very common if you have a urinary tact infection.
- White discharge (secretion) is outflow from the urethra after urination, known as "drops of white".
- Pressure sensation or pain in the pubic region and lower abdomen (bladder region);
- Feeling of pressure or pain in the perineal area;
- Discomfort or pain in the testicles;
- Pulling and pain in the groin;
- Blood in sperm (hematospermia), when combined with seminal vesiculitis (inflammation of a seminal vesicle);
- Frequent urge to urinate;
- Sexual dysfunction: loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, spermatorrhea, painful ejaculation;
- Mental disorders: dizziness, fatigue, insomnia, depression, anxiety;
- Complications: Infertility, rare allergic reactions (iritis - inflammation of the iris of eyes, arthritis, neuritis, myositis)
The illness of abacterial prostatitis (chlamydia trachomatis, mycoplasma, trichomonas, fungus) mainly causes symptoms similar to chronic bacterial prostatitis, however without the recurrent urinary tract infections attack.
|prostate||digital rectal examination|